– when including company affiliates during reorganisations
Reorganisations can no doubt be a challenge as well as a natural part of business management. Working in a company with affiliates througout the world brings on an extra dimension during reorganisations.
How can choosing Makio as a partner in outplacement create a safe transition phase?
To make the answer useful to you in your daily work we have had the pleasure to ask one of our customers, Adform, who delivers local service with a global footprint as one of the world's largest private and independent advertising technology companies. Founded ind 2002 in Denmark. More than 780 employees in 18 offices globally.
To Alison Egeberg, Chief HR Officer at Adform, it was all about having one trusted partner who could help to coordinate, ensure a high quality and that matched company requirements.
Read more about her experiences below.
Alison Egeberg, Chief HR Officer at Adform: And the final kicker in making the decision, was when she said they could find outplacement in all the countries we were present in, coordinate in all countries, manage the price negotiation, give the full lists out to their partner….basically remove a lot of burden from my chair, I was sold.
5 questions on the topic using Makio for outplacement
- Why bother using outplacement to employees abroad? Employees in each and every country are equally important to the company as is our brand. We want our departed employees to still have respect for us and for them to personally be able to move into a new role. Outplacement is a tool to make that happen.
- What were your biggest concerns regarding the use of an outplacement company abroad? Our biggest challenge was to identify and navigate the norms for many countries at the same time. Having one trusted partner who could help us to coordinate, ensure a high quality and that matched our requirements was definitely a big benefit.
- What is your best advise to companys and HR in particularly, when they make reorganizations and have to let people go in their affiliates? Again, each person has made an impact on your company and will have an impact on your reputation and has a unique personal situation, so treating people fairly in all markets / affiliates makes good business sense. And in our case, the ability to say that ALL employees were getting outplacement gave us some good will in a tough situation where even people who are staying don’t like that their colleagues were leaving. Employees who were staying also appreciated that their “former” employees were being taken care of.
- What was your main reason for choosing Makio as outplacement partner/supplier? First, when I met with our consultant, she was very keen to fully understand the situation, empathetic to me (as Chief HR Officer) and how I was feeling, and this gave me a great sense of confidence in the company because if they were like that with me then they would likely be the same with our employees (or former employees). And the final kicker in making the decision, was when she said they could find outplacement in all the countries we were present in, coordinate in all countries, manage the price negotiation, give the full lists out to their partner….basically remove a lot of burden from my chair, I was sold.
- Are you happy about the proces, support and outcome from using Makio as a local partner and part of the global network Career Star Group? I truly couldn’t have been more happy. It was an extremely smooth process. They took care of a huge amount of practicalities. And most importantly, the support they offered our employees was top notch. When I inquired with some of our former employees, they informed that they were really happy and majority were able to find new jobs quite quickly. Further, when we had one situation where a employee “complained” a bit with our HR team, we were able to go to our contact in Makio and she coordinated with the provider and got the story. It was a misunderstanding that was very quickly taken care of. Really, couldn’t recommend more. We used them for positions from executive level, to developers, to client service, etc. All good!